⇒The following steps are involved for trademark registration
1. Search has to be made.
2. In case the search result is positive, we make application for trademark in form TM – 1.
3. Once application is made, the acknowledge copy of Additional Representation is received from Trade Mark department.
4. The next step is getting examination report and formality check report from the department wherein any objection or clarification is sought by the department.
5. A reply has to be made for the same within 1 month and 15 days respectively.
6. If the TM department is satisfied, the mark is advertised before acceptance in the trade mark department.
7. In case they still are unsatisfied with the reply, they call for hearing upon which it is decided whether the case is fit for advertisement or not.
8. Once the mark is advertised in trademark journal, there is 4 months time for others to object the mark.
9. If no objection is received in 4 months time, the Registrar issues the certificate of registration.